Foreign investors who invest in the United States are now liable to move and live in the country with the introduction of the Immigrant Investor program. This program is designed to attract foreign investors who invest in the country by providing the right to residence and citizenship in return thereby boosting its economy. As such, the United States immigration law has made visas available to immigrant investors seeking to move into the country and engage in commercial activities such as job creation and capital investment that is beneficial to the country. Having recognized that many people are seeking to obtain USA visa though investment migration, this article will provide you with the Top 10 Information about Investment migration USA Visa.
TOP 10 INFORMATION ABOUT INVESTMENT MIGRATION USA VISA-2020
Every year the State Department offers about 20,000 employment preference immigrant visas. Often, the impending employer files an Immigrant Petition for an Alien Worker on behalf of the applicant. Rather, an applicant who doesn’t have a specific job offer may file a petition on his or her behalf. Before you can be qualified and considered to obtain the investment Migration USA visa, there are multiple conditions that must be met to qualify; criteria considered are job creation, real estate purchase, non-refundable contributions or specific targeted industries. Below is some vital information about investment migration USA visa. Here are your top five U.S. investor immigration options to consider if you are an investor.
- #1. EB-5 Regional Center Investment
- Cost of Investment: $500, 000
- Pro: Low $500,000 U.S. payment for a green card, passive involvement
- Con: Money is managed by someone else
The EB-5 investment let you invest $500,000 U.S. in an area that is government approved EB-5 regional center for about five years. This type of investment is passive in which your money is invested in someone else’s commercial development, such as a residence complex, hotel or office tower. The aim of this scheme is that a minimum of 10 or more American workers are employed for two years through the project you invested your money. Once this is done, you will be given a conditional green card within 11/2 year that qualifies you and your immediate family to move and stay in the U.S to live, work and study anywhere in the country and there are no education, age or language requirements. Once you have fulfilled this requirement, you are qualified to apply for permanent resident green cards, and at the end of five years from the very date of your U.S. entry, the money you invested will be returned to you.
- #2. EB-5 Direct Investment
- Pro: Complete control of the money
- Con: payment for a green card is high and needs active involvement required.
The EB-5 Direct investment is a bit different from the EB-5 above. This one requires you to invest the sum of $1, 000, 000 USD in your own business and employ 10 or more Americans within the space of 2 years. Processing of this investment migration visa takes about 18 months but, to speed the process you can combine it with the E-2 visa discussed below. Once you have fulfilled this requirement and able to maintain your $1 million investment, you are qualified to obtain a US permanent green card.
Requirements/Eligibility for EB-5 (1 &2 above)
The requirements to be met for an EB-5 Visa includes the following:
- You have to invest or participate actively in the process of investing either $1,000,000 in a city setting, or $500,000 in rural settings;
- You have to show that the funds invested are from a legitimate source
- The whole fund invested must be active or at risk (you cannot think about buying a business, and you have to put capital up that could be lost)
- The investment must be made in a “new” or “existing business enterprise” (this gives you room to create your own business or purchase one); and
- You must show that the investment directly or indirectly results in job creation for at least ten people.
Five (5) steps to get an EB-5 Visa
- Search for the Appropriate Investment “Project
- You are to make a Capital Investment and Your Attorney Files A I-526 Petition
- Make thorough inquiries and seek for Information
- You can apply for a Conditional Green Card (step 1)
- Removal of Conditions (I-829) Petition (Green Card Application step 2)
- #3. E-2 Work Visa
- Pro: it is a fast means to get into the United States to work
- Con: it is difficult to obtain permanent residence without the EB-5 direct addition.
The E-2 work visa is an investment migration visa in the USA that enables you to get employment in a company you establish in the United specific. It is best when your home country has an investment treaty with the United States. The E-2 visa requirement differs according to the type of company and the sector you invest in. The lowest you can invest is $75, 000 but you can invest up to $200, 000 to speed things up. It takes up to 5 years to be granted a visa and can be renewed indefinitely.
- You Must Be from a citizen of a Treaty Country
- You Must Invest or participate actively in the investment processes
- Show genuine possession and Control of the Funds
- Your invested funds are “at Risk” & Irrevocably Committed
- You Must be on the ground to the start of the Business
- You must be able to “Develop & Direct” the Business expertly
- Your Investment Must Be Substantial
- Your Investment & Business Cannot Be Marginal
- Bear in mind that after expiration, you are returning to your home Country.
TOP 20 COLDEST CITIES IN THE WORLD
TOP 10 BEST LOW-RISK INVESTMENTS IN US WITH HIGH RETURN
The EB-1 is a category for individuals that have risen to the top of their profession. There are three EB-1 categories as described below.
- EB-1 (a) Extraordinary Immigrants
This investor migration USA visa is designed for those that have advanced college degrees or possess extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or highly skilled professionals. Once this criterion is met, you can apply directly for a green card. As easy as it sounds, you will have to prove your exceptional ability in a particular field. This means that you have to meet the government’s criteria by providing awards and honors received including publications written about you.
- Your employer is to file a petition on your behalf (if you are a worker)
- If you are an applicant with exceptional abilities, you can self-petition for a visa.
- You must obtain a labor certificate approved by the Department of Labor.
- EB-1(b) Outstanding professors and researchers
This program is designed for those recognized internationally for their prowess and achievements in a particular academic field. It is necessary to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in research or teaching in a particular academic field. Upon entering the country, you are expected to pursue tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or any other higher education institution.
- EB-1(c) Multinational manager or executive
This investment Immigration USA visa is issued when you have been employed outside the United States for three years before you file a petition by a firm or corporation for a minimum period of 1 year and you must be seeking to enter the country with the aim to continue rendering service to that organization. You must have been working outside of the United States in the position of a manager or occupying an executive capacity and with the same employer, an affiliate, or a subsidiary of the employer.
Your employer must file the form I-140 and petition for Alien Worker.
- You must obtain a labor certificate approved by the Department of Labor.
Note: For EB-1(a) – EB-1(c), you can apply for U.S. citizenship and a passport after five years of owning a green card.
TOP 10 LARGEST CITIES IN USA BY LANDMASS- ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR BANKS IN USA- ADDRESSES AND ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
TOP 5 CITIES FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN USA REAL ESTATE
Conclusion on Top 10 Information about Investment migration USA Visa-2020
The aim of the Investment migration USA visa is to ensure that the investor contributes to the welfare, advancement and economic development of the country. This is a better offer which makes you your boss and at the same times a citizen of the United States without having to pass through the stress of going to and from the United States embassy in your country. It is important to make further inquiries before venturing to obtain the investment immigration USA visa.
Tag: Top 10 Information about Investment migration USA Visa-2020